outpost logo

Home | History | Information | Shop


The Manitou Outpost has a vast history. Originally the largest livery stable in Manitou Springs stood on the premises until it burned down in the late 1880’s. The Navajo Geyser Pavilion Cafeteria was built in 1913 replacing the second building to burn down in that same location. The Navajo Geyser Pavilion Cafeteria advertised superior food, quick service, and no tips. The geyser near the dining tables was a main attraction that brought customers to the pavilion. The geyser would shoot water into the air every 35-45 minutes, concerts were regularly scheduled, and electric cars would stop at the front door. The cafeteria then became the Hiawatha Tours and Navajo Garage that offered auto mechanic work and gas as well as tour cars up Pikes Peak to the Royal Gorge and back though Phantom Canyon and Cripple Creek. In 51’ the Barker Manufacturing Company took over selling and making leather goods. They then expanded and the building became a retail establishment selling western apparel. In 2003 the Western Store became The Manitou Outpost.

The Navajo Geyser was preserved inside The Manitou Outpost. It was turned into a well that can be pumped and samples of the water are given out. The Manitou Outpost has an extensive collection of Native American jewelry, artifacts, and wall art. They also have homemade fudge and several delicious flavors of ice-cream. Please come see us today!
807 Manitou Avenue Manitou Springs CO 80829

 

geyser

 

mineral

 

 ® © 2010-2011 Manitou Outpost / TAT Enterprises Inc.  Last modified: April 10, 2011 11:30 AM  

Customer Service | Privacy Policy | E-Mail Us | Home

  The Trading Post excepts MC, Visa, American Express, and PayPalThe Garden of the Gods Trading Post is fully handicap accessable